High-Performance Team Development
IS YOUR ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE PREPARED
FOR AN UNPREDICTABLE WORLD?
From the board room to the emergency room, the accelerated speed and interdependencies created by technological advances and globalization have changed the norms of business operations, threatening success from numerous and unforeseen directions. The traditional organizational structures of the 19th and 20th century, that served corporate America so well, are no longer equipped at the tactical and operational level to meet the needs of unpredictable, complex environments.
• The accelerated speed and interdependence of operations in the current environment have created complexities that overwhelm the best of organizational structures.
• All the planning and positioning for everything and anything that might go awry during the execution of a plan is no longer enough.
• The 20th century approach to management—maximizing efficiency, squeezing out every drop of productivity, and slashing costs—is no longer sufficient.
THE SOLUTION | “To survive, organizations must set aside a century of optimized efficiencies and fundamentally rewrite the rules of the game.” General Stanley McChrystal
• Build a new leadership and organizational structure where teams are empowered to make decisions faster, adapting to an ever changing and unpredictable environment.
• Allow teams to work together interdependently, yet connected to each other.
WHY THE COWBOY SOLUTION? | The Cowboy Solution Interdependent Teams Program is a comprehensive training process designed to work together with organizations to create and implement, at the tactical and operational level, an interdependent team structure and an environment that supports it.
BENEFITS• Faster problem solving
• Significant improvement in communication
• More engaged team members
The Cowboy Solution Interdependent Teams Development program helps organizations build teams based on Trust, Purpose, and Adaptability and then teaches those teams how to work together interdependently. Each module can be used as a standalone program; however, when used together help establish a culture that creates human performance improvement.
MODULE I: BUILDING THE RIGHT TEAM WITH THE IDEAL TEAM PL AYERS TEAM ASSESSMENT
It is better to have a thousand enemies on the outside of the tent than to have one on the inside.
— OLD ARAB PROVERB
For teams to perform at the highest level, every member must have two foundational components -competency and character. High-performance, however is less about individual competency and more about how well individuals work together in the most effective way. The team assessment module helps determine how well each player is suited to working on a team and helps determine areas where improvement is needed. Once defined, a process for improvement can be implemented.
MODULE II: DEVELOPING THE HIGH-PERFORMANCE TEAM
To operate effectively, high-performance teams must have three foundational components: trust, purpose, and adaptability. Through experiential training, using horses as facilitators, teams learn:
• Understanding diversity to improve communication.
• How to play with higher purpose.
• How to adapt to real world challenges…faster.
MODULE III: BUILDING INTERDEPENDENT TEAMS
Once a team has been assessed and assembled, it must learn how to work together, yet interdependently as a larger unit to reach the highest level of effectiveness. To do so will require teams to…
• Understand all roles and responsibilities of each team.
• Understand how to share consciousness between teams
• Understand how to create an internal interdependent team environment to support and promote collaboration.
MODULE IV: IN-ACTION© COACHING
The key to success in the Interdependent Team model is process implementation. This module uses coaches to work with key team players to evaluate the implementation process.
MODULE V: NEW TEAM MEMBER ORIENT ATION AND ONBOARDING
Adding a new team member to an existing team without that person understanding and buying into the new culture will lead to lower performance. However, to be successful the new team member must be able to experience the culture to best understand it.
This module works with individuals as part of the onboarding process.